House 7 World 8
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to build a Castle by LongWei and ukbrat

Go down

How to build a Castle by LongWei and ukbrat Empty How to build a Castle by LongWei and ukbrat

Post by Admin Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:31 pm

As the house marshal of House 7, I have some concern's about Parish control, castle building and Donations.

As you might or not know, lately we've been struggling to teach you how to build a castle. So I'm sending here a little guide on how you should do it and explaining why it should look like this.

Here are 2 examples on how you should build a castle:

1- http://prntscr.com/1h6o0h
2- http://prntscr.com/1kcvqk

An youtube guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3oSNgv5oA

The video is a bit long so if you prefer I'll explain some basic stuff here so you can read.

There is a build sequence what you put down first will build first, my suggestion would be,  when building a castle start  by surronding the keep, it can be with the moat or great towers.  (To get great towers you must level the archetects guild to maximum). Great towers are used because, normally you get to them  before the moat, however both are correct and good examples.

On the inner castle, (around the keep) build the Towers,  remember to put in a gate house,   in a position that is not favorable to the attacker, build the gate on the back,  or on the sides of the keep, because some people will attack without a castle report and in that case they will usually attack the front side.

Another reason for this is the Sally-fourth (look on the research tree) it will send knights to attack archers and catapults, so while pike men are trying to find their way to the keep or are hitting the walls, the sally forth will  go in the opposite direction and hit the enemy from a different direction.

The outer ring of the castle (where the white line's are )

Start with the corner and place a great tower in each corner, after that choose the two opposite corners and place on either side the smaller large tower.
SO GREAT TOWERS IN 4 CORNERS, ON EITHER SIDE PUT LARGE TOWERS (there is a difference in size between great and large towers)
THE CASTLES OUTER RING WILL NOT HOLD ALL GREAT TOWERS AND SO ONE LARGE TOWER MUST BE PUT IN ITS STEAD.  SO CORNER (GREAT TOWER) next (LARGE TOWER) next GREAT TOWERS.

ALWAYS BUILD RIGHT UP TO THE WHITE LINE AND FILL IN BETWEEN TOWERS WITH STONE OR MOAT LEAVING ONE OR TWO GAPS FOR SALLY FORTH AND ALSO TO BAIT THE TROOPS INTO A TRAP .

Moat gives you the advantage that it can't be destroyed by catapults, and it will  delay the pike men,  but if you prefer you can save you gold and instead place walls, along with a great moat "lake" like in the 2 screenshot . Another thing you should not forget is to have two pathways clear, between the castle towers, so the attacking army splits and for your sally-fourth to always get a way to the catapults and archers.

ALWAYS PLACE GUARD HOUSES IN THE FOUR CORNERS BEHIND THE GREAT TOWERS ( IE DO NOT PLACE GUARD HOUSES ON THE WHITE LINE).

PLACEMENT OF  BALLISTERS

When placing them make sure you place them in the corners with the guard houses  because the attacks normally go through the center of the castle wall.

SMELTERS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND Smile)

Don't forget to place smelters,  so you can place pitch pots and burn a lot of troops. Place in the corners or near the keep, they require pitch for the pots.
Place pots on walls and you will barbecue a lot of troops, I place my pots near the keep, and the out walls to wipe out a lot of troops that are trying to do a gold raid or flag raid.

Tip: On the second castle print you can find walls on the moat, those walls will have pitch pots, so when they are digging they get burned on the way Smile

TIP :  You can lay down individual stones and place pots on them and the pots will still activate and burn troops. The stones do not have to be built,  this can save your castle or even village if you have them in your village.

Admin
Admin

https://h7guide.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down